In line with the United Nations’ Youth Strategy which calls on all UN agencies to “increase impact and expand global, regional and country-level action to address the needs, build the agency, and advance the rights of young people in all their diversity”, UNFPA Ghana launched the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program. The YoLe Fellowship Program is also aligned to the priority areas of the 2010 Ghana National Youth Policy, which include skills training in ICT, gender mainstreaming, networking and partnership, mentoring and reproductive health and rights for young people.
Interested persons must:
- be a graduate of a Ghanaian tertiary institution between the ages of 18 and 26
- demonstrate interest and dedication to development issues established through either volunteer experience, work experience, affiliations with a youth network or NGO, in areas of UNFPA’s mandate. (see http://www.unfpa.org/about-us)
- commit one year to being a UNFPA Youth Leaders Fellow
- be proactive and possess strong inter-personal skills
- possess a working knowledge of English—an important prerequisite for participation in the program for general communication purposes. All application materials must be submitted in English.
- The YoLe Fellows are expected to work full-time at the UNFPA Ghana Country Office in Accra, Ghana. Fellows may not be otherwise engaged during the fellowship.
If you responded yes to the above, then the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) invites you to apply for the second edition of the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program! The YoLe Fellowship is a yearlong program (1st November 2019 to 28th October 2020) designed to integrate young people into the UN system by empowering them on UNFPA’s areas of interest, while providing the Fellows with opportunities for professional development and training in driving health-innovation.
Interested applicants should submit:
- A statement, not more than one page, explaining their professional goals and ambitions
All application materials should be sent to email@example.com no later than 23rd September, 2019. . Please use Subject Line: UNFPA/YLFP/20I9.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and invited for further interviews/assessments.
More information and application at the UNFPA‘s website. Deadline: 23rd September, 2019
A Ghanaian media practitioner, digital marketer, and influencer marketing specialist with a major focus on tourism, emerging technologies, and e-commerce.