On 31 January, 2019, we will be launching our new association management software (AMS) that will offer many new capabilities to Internet Society members and Chapters.
During the roll-out of the new platform, the current AMS will be offline for several days (details below).
Internet Society members will be familiar with our current AMS if you have ever clicked on the “Member Login” link in the upper right corner of this web page. You also used the AMS if you logged into our Connect member forums or took an online course using our Inforum system. Chapter leaders have become very familiar with our AMS over the years, as it is the way they have interacted with their members and performed administrative functions for the Chapter.
Due to some functional limitations with the current AMS, we are replacing the system with a new AMS that will provide:
- A more modern system with enhanced functionality and user interface
- Core chapter management functionality to meet long-standing requirements/requests of our chapters
- Improved global/regional performance, particularly in low-bandwidth environments, through the use of a content delivery network (CDN)
- Events management capabilities
- Complete server and software management by the vendor – consistent and timely updates/upgrades to both servers and product code base
- Improved data security and overall system security with enterprise-class data centres
We are very excited by the capabilities and how this new AMS will enable both our staff and our Chapters to be better able to communicate effectively with our members. This will help us all speak globally with a stronger voice, as well as enable you to deliver the services locally you need to in order to achieve your objectives.
In order to make this migration happen successfully, we will take our current AMS offline for several days. The downtime will begin at 22:00 UTC on Friday, 25 January and may extend to 22:00 UTC on Friday, 1 February.
During this time, our member portals will not be accessible.
The sites affected are:
- Internet Society Member and Chapter Portal (https://portal.isoc.org/)
- Connect Member Portal (https://connect.internetsociety.org/)
- Internet Society e-learning system Inforum (https://inforum.internetsociety.org/)
All of our other websites will continue their normal operations.
The downtime will have the following impacts:
- People will not be able to join as new members.
- Current members will not be able to update their information or join chapters or SIGs.
- Members will not be able to login to Connect and access forums or the Connect event calendar.
- Chapters using Connect for communication will not be able to send messages to their chapter members.
- Members will not be able to participate in any of the self-paced online courses offered through Inforum.
- We will not be able to accept any individual donations.
We want to minimize the downtime and hope that we will be able to bring the new system online before the 31 January launch date. As soon as we do, members will be able to resume these activities.
If you have further questions, please reach out to the transition team at email@example.com
We look forward to providing you with a new and improved system serving our members and Chapters.