Apply for the European Forum Alpbach Scholarship Programme 2019 and become part of Europe’s “Festival of Ideas”! Every year, 700 students from about 90 nationalities participate as scholarship holders in the European Forum Alpbach.
Join smart minds from around the world in a charming Alpine village, immersing yourself in an environment bursting with novel ideas, new ways of thinking and opportunities for making great contacts. With the Alpbach scholarship programme, young people under 30 can attend this leading interdisciplinary conference and a variety of academic seminars.
Deadline: March 29, 2019
The types of scholarships – basic (participation fee), residence scholarships (participation fee and accommodation), and full (participation fee, accommodation, daily allowances) – that are assigned to finalists cannot be contested.
- A basic scholarship covers the participation fee (EUR 1,400) for the whole duration of the event (August 14-30, 2019).
- Should you not have sufficient funds to cover the costs of your stay, you can additionally apply for a residence scholarship which covers the accommodation (EUR 30 per day) or a full scholarship providing accommodation (EUR 30 per day) and daily allowances for food (EUR 17 per day). Please indicate in your online application under the point “subsidy” if you would like to apply for a full scholarship or a residence scholarship. In order to do so, you need to explain your financial situation in writing and upload a supporting document, e.g. a student grant. If you do not have such proof, a written statement is sufficient.
Note that due to the high number of applications full scholarships are provided upon availability and upon needs assessment by the selection committee.
- The grant to participate in the Seminar Week and the Alpbach Symposia is available to international applicants up to the age of 30;
- They welcome applications from all countries and academic disciplines;
- Artists and non-graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Everything that needs to be included in your application is listed here. Please read these requirements carefully in order to make sure to submit a complete application. Incomplete applications or applications that reach us via email will not be accepted. Late submission of missing documents will also not be considered.
For more information, visit European Forum Alpbach Scholarship.
Global Repository for Internet Studies is focused on creating a social enterprise platform that builds innovation and technological support systems and advocates rights in order to improve youth livelihoods in Africa.